Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Faith in the Spirit

I had a moment this evening while reflecting on my day in which my faith, my spirit, and my thoughts all fused into one deeply moving conclusion. 

I had felt quite sad in my heart and spirit throughout my day, although I was surrounded by happy people and the hustle-bustle.  It was because the one thing I have been assigning my highest priority to lately felt a bit empty and out of my hands today. When I got home I felt drained and a bit sad. 

I called my friend back home in Kansas City and talked for a while about faith, about believing in a God that we cannot see, about obeying Him and how if we simply did what He asks, it would make Him smile - just like a proud parent. I discussed the idea that by complying with what God asks, we will be rewarded and blessed far beyond what our minds could have ever imagined.  I concluded that it all has to do with faith.  It's not seeing something, its feeling it and knowing that it's right.

So, my friend and I have been reading a book called, "Jesus Calling" which is a daily devotional that we email our reflections to each other to help keep ourselves accountable. 

I had not read today's passage when I called so I asked my friend to read it to me half way into our conversation.
Of course, the words spoke directly to my heart. Tears filled my eyes and everything I had just spoke about felt completely verified in the daily passage.

Two things it said to me that deeply moved me were:

"Even the most ardent human lover cannot be with you always.  Nor can another person know the intimacies of your heart, mind, and spirit."

and 

"I am freely available to all who call upon My Name, who open their hearts to receive Me as Savior.  This simple act of faith is the beginning of a lifelong love story. I, the lover of your soul understand you perfectly and love you eternally."

It felt like God spoke to me.  He told me that I was right.  I just needed to quiet myself and spend time with Him, which is what I plan to continue working on from now on.  

I haven't been this moved by the spirit in some time, so I wanted to share and possibly speak to anyone out there who may struggle with making God a happy dad.  It's not hard.  It just takes a little bit of quiet, intimate time with the One who knows the intimacies of your heart; the One completely whole love of your life.

I pray that all relationships start with Him and that He is the rock on which my relationships are built.

In Jesus' name, 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment