Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Palm Reading

When I was in 5th grade, my teacher had my entire class examine our palms for a line that extended all the way across our palm.  I had it.  She explained that it meant I was intelligent.  I never forgot.


Then, in 8th grade, I wrote a research paper on palmistry, as a way to educate myself more on the subject.  I learned that the singular line across my right hand was actually my head line and my heart line combined.


It is the frequent assumption of palmists that the bearer of such a marking finds it difficult to separate emotions and what is desired (the heart line) from intellect and what is thought (the head line).  I feel this marriage of my thoughts and emotions quite intensely actually and can honestly say that the assumption is true.


Then, while working at a Chief's football game last Sunday, I had a guest give me a high five - and in that moment I took notice of his line.  He shared with me that it is called a Simian Crease and that 99% of people who have it also have Down syndrome.  However, according to the guy I met, the 1% of us that didn't end up with Down, got blessed as extreme givers of love and sayers of "I'm sorry."  It true.  I can't help but be driven by love and I am ALWAYS trying to make people happy with my empathy.  I had to investigate more.



What I found is they believe the Simian Line gives the ability to focus on one thing, absolutely, to the exclusion of all else. It is believed that these people generally achieve and accomplish far more than most, developing techniques and inventions that will last for generations. They also supposedly experience far more misfortune than most, usually due to the same intensity that drives them.  I can see this as truth also, for when I love something wholly, I will go to great lengths to give it my full ambition, and sometimes, it ends up hurting me in the end.  Oh well, I believe "It is better to loved and lost, than to never have loved at all." -Shakespeare


Religious elements of the Simian Line are mentioned frequently. Arnold Holtzman, PhD, said that “Many of their numbers may come to identify with fundamentalist religion after living very open, liberal, and free-thinking lifestyles."  Now, this could be me for sure.  Especially now that I have been studying symbols and am using them to communicate with my higher subconscious.


Here is what my right (dominant) palm looks like:





My favorite palm reading tool is finding out how many kids you will have.  If you bend the dominant hand's pinky away from the ring finger and look at the number of creases that appear between the crease where the pinky begins and the end of the heart line -- that will be the number of kids that you either have now, or will have in the future.  Pretty cool!  It's 99% accurate.




Links
  • The most comprehensive simian line-related website I’ve found to date can be found here (with an accompanying podcast).
  • A forum for people with simian lines can be found here.
  • Some personal websites I have found belonging to folks with simian lines can be found herehere, and here.
  • A palmist, writer, and teacher discusses simian lines here.
  • Here is an article on having double simian lines.
  • A case study involving simian lines can be accessed here.

10 comments:

  1. I've that line in my right also. what you've said were true. huh, pretty great in bed.
    Simians are persons just like other persons. But with respect to focus and concentration, in this area; they are intense, some very intense. Imagine that a person is a genius who got this line also. He can become genius of geniuses.
    On the negative side, as Cheiro, pointed out, semians end up lonely. As I understand, you may have experience this as all other semians do. As he pointed also, Semians, in all their undertakings can be successful--ALONE. I surmise that it's the point he liked to drive. Semian have different intellectual and logical pattern in their. That maybe it was said that they can establish certai thing or principle the people will follow from one generation to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.





    Palmistry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is indefinable feeling, means love is unconditional. It is a true feeling which is not expressed by words. This is only to be feeling and there is lots of way to define love and every way says something different about it. Now days this holy name is used as fantasy when they know there is no life without love.
    http://www.loveguruindia.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ms Panda, I have recently developed interest in "Palm Reading" after I chanced upon Chiero's Palmistry.
    What attracted my attention is the "Simian Line", which my wife (she is no more) had on her right palm. It flashed in my memory since I noticed it in her hand, which no one else that I came across had.
    Thinking back now, her personality did match the findings in your blog and in other books that I started reading recently.
    I am keen to study Palmistry more in detail and I would be grateful if you could recommend a few GOOD BOOKS on the subject.
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do have the exact same palm line as you INCREDIBLE !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a simian crease on both of my hands,and I always had the advantage in working with my hands than others... It always seemed like I was more advanced in troubleshooting and other mechanic work. Same as my father we had the same hands. He had a 168 iq and was a master of all trades. I am related to the Wright brothers and other famous people. I wonder how long this trademark runs thrue ansestors. I just recently started researching this and am every curious. I never thought it was the mark of a leader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best Astrologer in MUMBAI,We offer exceedingly efficient and accurate services like Palm Reading, Face Reading, Horoscope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing blog, Highly recommend for mr tanuj for consultation Vedic Astrologer in Delhi

    ReplyDelete