Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heaven on Earth Event

When I lived in Kansas City, I worked with a man who managed all of the happenings at the KC Masonic Temple.  He offered me much advice back then, like an angel to me, and when one of his suggestions to me was to plan an event for his extremely ornate space, I immediately began planning a, "Heaven on Earth" event.

The following notes are a rough sketch of what I envision.  These are simply my notes.  An event has yet to occur, so feel free to take my ideas, add to them, offer your suggestions, plan your own event, etc.  The greatest compliment to me would be to gain wind of the fact that you hosted your own "Heaven on Earth" event, inspired by my notes and vision!  I am available and at your service!

HEAVEN ON EARTH EVENT

Created to cater to all of the senses simultaneously.

SIGHT:
*Guests are to wear all white, encouraged to wear wings to add to the appearance of heaven on earth.


*A huge replica of God's hands -either made from light or from real, tangible materials, placed near the entryway and designed to greet/hug you when you enter.


*Pearly gates to Heaven.


*Installation of light, to appear like heaven.

  
*White furnishings all around.


*Fog machines/dry ice mindfully placed to create the appearance of a place in the clouds.


*Cross centerpiece in room. 

*Altar made of gold with burning incense.

*White doves, Angels, suspended above.

SOUND:
*DJ plays continuous ambient sounds.
*Live performances by harpists, vocalists, flutists, etc who interpret God's love through their instrument.
*Reading of Psalms.
Prayer. 

SMELL:
*Incense: Creates the ambiance of Heaven - Sandal wood, Frankincense possibly.

From Revelations, "Another angel came in holding a censer of gold.  He took his place at the altar of incense and was given large amounts of incense to deposit on the altar of gold in front of the throne, together with the prayers of all God's holy ones.  From the angel's hand, the smoke of the incense went up before God, and with the prayers of God's people.

Psalm 141: Let my prayer come like incense before you; the lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice.
TASTE:
Wine - for the Blood
Bread - for the Body
Tea by Tea Drops - Heavenly tea

TOUCH:
Fuzzy blankets/pillows draped on the furnishings
Hanging silk curtains 
Cotton "clouds" everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment