Saturday, May 7, 2011

10 inspiring images today.

In the first blog I wrote here, I made myself a list of 100 ideas to use if I ever needed a creative push.

Well, today's blog is a tip o' the hat to good ol' #77 -- visit more free museums. 

Today, I visited the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri.  It is home to many beautiful sculptures, paintings, and other musings from around the world, including an Egyptian mummy, suits of armor for a man and horse and a super retro Frank Lloyd Wright chair.  

I love it all.  The old and the new, the elaborate and the simple, studying each collection as a sum of its cultural traditions.  Life fascinates me and I know I will sneak back very soon to soak up some more of that rich history that those walls contain. 

As for today, here are 10 pictures of the wonderful things that the free museum awarded me for visiting.  Cheers to lucky #77! Hope the images strike creative chords in your day, too! 












Happy Mother's Day eve :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice images, Amanda. I've got to do more of that on my blog. Museums ARE inspiring; so wondrous and captivating. Good for all kids of creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the museum. The pictures you took are wonderful. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete