Sunday, May 13, 2012

Good morning, or Great morning?


And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. (Mark 1:35 KJV) 

 It's no coincidence that I woke up at 5:30am on my own today.

It was God challenging me to get out of bed and spend some time with Him before my busy day begins. For a few weeks at The Rock church in Point Loma - San Diego - our pastor, Miles, has been encouraging us to rise up an hour before our actual day begins and pray.

I've actually woken up most days since that call to action - either on my own, or with the help of Annie (my labradoodle) pawing at my face. But what's interesting is that it's ALWAYS one hour before my alarm clock goes off!

So, in a "God incident" (there are no coincidences) I woke up at 5:30am today when my alarm wasn't set until 6:30. Ha! I didn't rise and shine at that moment however. I did consider it ;) so I half way slept and half way dreamed for another hour until my alarm did buzz. I got up, fed te dogs, let them out and then say down for my morning prayer moment. When I opened the You Version bible app on my iPhone, today's devotional - was the scripture listed above!

This life is not a test, but an opportunity to learn and grow each and every day! Even if you are not on the Christian path like I am, you still have goals and dreams, right?

I am pretty certain if you seek those things out in the light of what is true and right in your heart and spirit, you will succeed! And I am also pretty sure that He will reveal himself to you also - as long as your eyes are not clouded with the ego of pride and selfishness - or by despiriting things like drugs and malicious desires.

Today, I learned that He is here, encouraging me to spend more time getting to know Him and less time "sleeping. in" I hope that you also "wake" early and find your calling!

Happy Morning Mother's Day!

Cheers to the blessings of our families and the joy of babies and children in the world!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment