Friday, May 18, 2012

On Working

Nothing worth anything comes very easily.
Work is one of those things.

Like, really though, who do you know has a job that they love and just fell into it easily and effortlessly?
Not very many people, I am sure.

I just worked a ten hour day and when I came home, took a long, hot bath.
When I got out of the bath, I fell asleep easier than a baby on a car ride.
Like the water in the tub, I was drained!

The LAST thing I wanted to do was wake up and write my daily blog, 
but somehow, in an act of fate, I had left my interior light on in my car and my roommate noticed.  
He woke me mid-slumber to shut it off and now that I am awake, 
I figured it a supreme opportunity to get this written.

I'm sure we've all been here before - 
So tired we crashed out with our bedroom light still on...
Cranky and sleepy like a little toddler, but we don't have that excuse any more...
Awoken abruptly by an outside force, when we surely could have slept for a day straight.

Yeah, that was me just a few minutes ago.  
And now that I am up and had to sit in front of the computer searching for a topic to blog about, 
nothing felt more natural.

So I looked up these quotes on work and I hope you enjoy: 

“You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however.”
-Richard David Bach, writer

“Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
-Saint Francis Assisi 

“Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good and then work to get better. It's hard to stay on top.”
-Paul Coffey

“Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Accordingly a genius is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework.”
-Thomas Edison

“If there is no wind, row.”
Latin proverb

GOOOOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment