Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dr. Seuss Quote of the Day

One of my favorite childhood authors and greatest influences is Dr. Seuss-
Something he said is ringing true to me in my life these days and I wanted to share here with you. If you are a writer or any kind of creative individual, you may find this true as well.

Seuss said,

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."

On becoming a writer, NY Times (May 21, 1986)

Sounds boring and lonely, but one thing is for sure:

It is the only way to harness my creative energies, to revisit old ideas without being interrupted and most importantly, to avoid the noise of others who cannot see, feel or trust the instincts that come to a creative individual while in their quiet time.

I've had many people critique my ideas along the way and I think Dr. Seuss nails it right on the head! You learn the most from your experiences and finding what's right for you is an individual journey.

Happy Thursday!

xOx,
Ms. Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment