Friday, March 11, 2011

Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

"Each day, accept everything that comes to you as a gift.  At night, mentally give it all back.  In this way, you become free.  No one can ever take anything from you, for nothing is yours."  ~Daniel Levin

Today I received an amazing gift from my unconscious.  It told me to take the plunge in life and I did!  You see, last night I dreamt of diving into a deep pool, which is interpreted as getting in touch with my own deepest of strata and the deeper I dive, the more magical the gifts.

Well, today I joined a Children's Writers group and since it was our first gathering, we ended with some extra time.  The facilitator called for a writer to share a piece...

I thought immediately about "Larry Bear" and had my blog address bookmarked in my Droid, providing easy access to my work!

I rallied the group's attention and read my new story aloud for the first time in front of anyone other than family and friends.  I took the plunge!  I was even caught on camera doing it!  Although I did feel my heart beating a little faster, my cheeks warming up and my reading voice stumble through a few phrases, the story was received very well and I felt a huge sense of accomplishment!  The group even offered me more gifts: specific publishers that would welcome my style, related subjects to write about that have already inspired me (see my song about juicing :)) and probably my favorite suggestion of all - getting my book in Whole Foods.  I see it.  My voice belongs there.  Calling from the shelves at the checkout, "Read me and teach your kids about the importance of the environment." Ahhhhh...  Time to make it happen! 

Today rewarded me with a wonderful gift; one that my dreams promised, and I give it back, to share with you, that  there maybe a way to decode this life if we all share our greatest gifts.  A way to hear, taste, smell, see, touch and feel from the soul and then to mindfully release it all at the end of the day as an offering of gratitude. 

Tonight I am thankful for the fire inside of me that lights my way through any unknown and makes anything possible!  

Stay tuned...     

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Panda! :) Keep on speaking out, girl, no matter how much your voice shakes! :) You have much to offer. :) <3 U!

    ReplyDelete